Monday, September 22, 2008

Twisted Knots Tween Hairstyle


I have wanted some cute flowers for my daughter's hair for the longest time. I've tried to make them myself, but I'm really bad at it. I LOVE these!! If you want some of your very own, I happen to know where you can get them.....Go straight to Angela's Accessories boutique.

For the style: Start by parting out 3-4 sections and do a twisting braid in each one. I did 4. In the top section I did a pull-through. (If you don't know how to do a twisting braid or a pull through, look under my "quick search labels" for "videos." You'll find instructional videos there!)

Tie each of the braids into a knot, at the very top (by the elastic) and pin with some bobby pins. Send the ends hanging down alternating sides.
Here's the finished product. Ok, I LOVE these flower clips!



This style would be ok on its own. But, the flowers make it SO much cuter. If you are in need of some cute new hair accessories, go check out Angelas Accessories.
Now, here's a little lesson on what to do when church starts in 10 minutes and you haven't even thought about hair...........I took out yesterday's style (the one at the top of this post) pulled it all into a side pony, made a little loop at the top, and let the snakes from the twist braids hang freely. This would normally look like a complete disaster, but Angelas Accessories saved the day with another cute clip! Even some of my worst attempts at doing hair can look cute with the right bow!
And a little side note: I don't know what the makers of these clips have done differently, but all 3 of these stayed in ALL DAY! I've tried some in the past that slip right out almost immediately. These are honestly the best ones I've tried for staying put. So, go check out Angelas Accessories, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment