Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bantu Knots/Zulu Knots, African American Hairdos, Day 3


I don't know if I'm sold on the look of this one, but the princess loved it!! We did this on Saturday morning and took them out before she went to bed. She ended up with beautiful curls for church on Sunday.
So anyway, these are really easy to do if you want to give it a try. Just section off some hair and start twisting...... When you get the piece twisted, start wrapping it around itself. When you get to the end, wrap an elastic around the whole thing to keep it in place. If you're working with African American hair, you may not even need an elastic. Just tuck the ends in on the bottom layer and it should stay all by itself! (At least that's what I've heard.)I'm thinking this would probably work a little better with shorter hair. These knots just seem huge to me, LOL. I've actually seen some babies wearing these type of knots and they look adorable!
As you can see, I TRIED to make a fancy design with the parts. Yikes! It's harder than it looks to make a design on someones head.

I took pictures of the curls when we took these out but I can't find them! I'm guessing they got deleted the the last time I cleaned out my folder. Dang it! They turned out really cute too. Well, if you have a spunky little girl who wants to get noticed, this would be a good style for that. Otherwise, if you're staying home and looking for another way to curl hair without using heat, this works really well. (For all types of hair.)Be sure to check back tomorrow for day 4! It's my favorite of the AA styles we have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment