Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Flower Girl Hairstyle


Since it's finally getting... warmish out. We wanted a fun flowery spring hairdo! I think this would be a cute hairstyle for a spring wedding/flower girl, or just for fun.

I realize this veil/elastic connector/spiderweb hairdo is nothing new. But I just loved how it turned out with the flowers!!
flower girl hair style I've found the easiest way for me to make the elastics even and symmetrical with this type of style is to make the ponytails in a certain order. I begin with the ponytail in the middle/front. Split it in two and then work my way down both sides of her head before working on the middle. *Important: Notice that the second set of ponytails down (on both sides) are split in half and only one half is added in with the third set of ponies.
Now you can take the leftover halves from the second ponies and add them together in the middle. Btw, I have these elastics just sitting on top of her hair (I'm not adding in any of the hair underneath.)
For the last set, split the previous row of 3 ponytails in half and add two more elastics like so.......

Now for the fun part... adding the flowers! We used bobby pin flowers. These were quick and easy to add. I just stuck the bobby pins right through the back of the elastics where I wanted them to be. If you wanted to, you could use real flowers or fake flowers that aren't attached to bobby pins. I've added flowers to hairstyles before by simply wrapping an elastic around the stems.I thought of adding a few more rows of elastics, even going all the way down her hair. But we don't have that many flowers. I'm thinking of buying some more.!!
Oh and of course we had to add some ringlets in the ponytails with our curling iron.
hairstyle using flowers
flowers in hair
flower girl hairdo

No comments:

Post a Comment