Monday, January 26, 2009

The Valentine Hairstyle


I think the hardest thing about this one was making the parts! Just do the best you can to make a heart shape, split in two sections.After you get both sections inside-out french braided, braid them together at the bottom and add the braid to the ponytail. I wanted this to look like a homemade valentine with rufflles or lace around the heart. Anyway, I remembered this post on Girly Dos (which I love) and incorporated it here. I started sewing up the middle of the braids right where the single braid starts. Go all the way up to the part, then back down all the way to the pony. (If I had it to do over again, I would have started at the base of the ponytail, I don't know what I was thinking.)Pull the ribbon to the other side and continue sewing up to the part and back down again. This bun thingy is SUPPOSED to look like a bow. hehe I made it by not pulling the hair all the way through the elastic, then taking another elastic and doing it again with the ends. Just ignore the pink ribbon, again I don't know what I was thinking!!

Oh by the way, you've got to love the "play" make-up supposedly made for little girls. It does not come off! (That's why she has clown cheeks.)




Not my best attempt at doing hair, it's just been one of those days. But, it is..... different. You've got to give me that! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment