Thursday, November 13, 2008

3 Ribbon Braid Buns/ Communication Problems


Just a little side note: For those of you who have sent in questions or whatever. I promise I haven't been ignoring you! I sent an email to my hubby earlier today that he never got. Well, we checked his spam folder and there it was. So, apparently I'm a spammer. If you were waiting on a reply from me for something, go check your spam folder! If you still can't find it, send me whatever it was you needed again. Thanks!!

Pretty self explanatory............
Next, I pulled the ribbon through the elastics until both ends were the same length, then used the doubled up ribbon as one of the strands in the braids.
To make the buns, wrap the braid around itself, then use an elastic to go all the way around the bun several times, being sure to catch the ends on top to spike out. Sometimes I use bobby pins to secure the bun, but I have a hard time making these work with ribbon braids. They always get caught in the ribbon and won't go all the way through. The elastic seems to hold them better anyway.
This picture makes the buns look HUGE! They really didn't look this big and strange in real life. (I promise) After the buns were secure, I took some short lengths of ribbon and tied them around the buns into a square knot for the bows. (I trimmed the frayed ends, but of course this was after the pictures, so ignore them.)
See, the buns really aren't THAT big. ha ha

This was actually the style we did on her first day of Kindergarten several months ago. She was so excited to start school, she could hardly stand it! (Too bad the novelty of it all wore of fairly quickly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment