Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Faux French Braid, For Those Of You Who Can't.....


I know there are some of you who haven't yet mastered the French Braid. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to do something that looks like a French Braid, but isn't. Here is my attempt. It's very easy, and I think turned out really cute. If you can put in an elastic and tie a knot with a ribbon, you can do it!!
Start with a small pony in front. Bring a piece of ribbon through the elastic until both ends are the same length.
Leave the ends of the ribbon hanging down. Scoop up a piece of hair from each side of her head and bring to the middle. Pull the pony up with the hair you just gathered. (Leaving the ribbon down.)Bring the three pieces of hair together with an elastic.....Tie the ribbon over the elastic into a knot. I actually only tied half a knot. The ribbon I was working with was quite stiff and held just fine only tying it once.Repeat the steps again for scooping up the sides and adding the hair to the pony, leaving the ribbon hanging.Again, add an elastic and tie another knot (not shown.)Repeat all the way to the bottom, until you run out of hair to add from the sides......I continued tying all the way to the bottom of her hair by crossing the ribbon in the back and bringing it around to the front to tie the knot.

If I do this again, I'm going to start with tying the ribbon into a knot on the top elastic, I think it would look better that way. If any of you have "Trash Tie" or "Knot Heads" hair accessories, they would work great with this style. You wouldn't even have to tie a knot or use an elastic on each section. You could just cross the trash tie over the section and start on the next one. I wish I had one to show you what I mean, but I don't.Anyway, I did another style similar to this, only with thinner ribbon to give you another perspective on it. I'm scheduling it to go out next week.For a video tutorial on this hairstyle, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment