Friday, March 20, 2009

Another Special Occasion/ Easter Updo Hairstyle


Start with a pony, leaving out an edge of hair all the way around her head. Start inside out french braiding at the bottom of her head, (underneath the ponytail) and go all the way around. When you get to the end of the french braid, keep braiding and bring the end of the braid up the back of her head and combine it in with the ponytail. (If you don't know how to do an inside out french braid, click on the link. You'll find an instructional video there!)I didn't show the next steps in pictures because there really is no exact science to it. I just made some loops of hair with about 1/3 of the hair in the ponytail (the same way I did this Easter style.) I bobby pinned the loops to her head this time instead of using elastics. Then, I randomly braided some pieces and kinda strung them up through the loops and secured them to her head with the little clips. The last step was curling all the ends.

The thing I've found with updos is- it's going to work out differently every time. Just kind of work with the hair until you get it looking the way you want it to. Sometimes I use bobby pins, sometimes I use elastics, sometimes I use clips, sometimes the hair needs to be curled, sometimes it doesn't. (You get the idea.) It's all just a crap shoot!! So, just use the basic ideas from these updo posts, then make your very own creation for the end result!
I was thinking this would be a cute hairstyle for a flower girl too. Or maybe even the prom! (Although I can't be sure about that one, LOL. I'm WAY too old and out of it to know what's in with that scene, KWIM!?!) You could also add some flowers or other bling to it if you wanted to get really fancy.For another fun Easter/Special occasion hairstyle, go here: Girls Hairstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment