Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tiny French Braids - Baby Hairstyles


French Braiding, For Babies

I wasn't sure if our Pea had enough hair for a french braid, but decided to try it one day. Turns out you really don't need that much hair at all to make it work! I've found that inside-out braids are faster for me to do, so that's what I've been sticking with. Don't worry about making your braids perfect on a squirmy baby, that's just not realistic. Just work as fast as you can and hope for the best. :)

Here are just a few styles we have done using tiny french braids:

I think this double french braid is my favorite style on her!
baby braided hairstyleOne french braid across the front:
baby girl hairstyleA braid with pigtails: (This was actually the second day for this braid, it held up pretty well!)
tiny braid with pigtailsOne diagonal braid:
baby french braidAnd, a braid on each side:
2 braids
french braids for babyWe've had a few people ask how old she is; She's 10, almost 11 months right now. And yes, she does have a ton of hair for her age. Please please don't tell me she's not a baby anymore. My heart can't take that. :) They grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment